QIAN, Huihuan Alex
PhD (The Chinese University of Hong Kong)
BE (University of Science and Technology of China)
Dr. Qian received his B. Eng. (2004) in Automation from University of Science and Technology of China. Thereafter, he joined the Department of Automation and Computer-Aided Engineering at the Chinese University of Hong Kong as a Research Assistant (2004-2005), and received his Ph.D. (2010) in Automation and Computer-Aided Engineering. He worked in the Department of Mechanical and Automation Engineering at the same university as a Research Associate (2010-2012) after graduation, and as a Research Assistant Professor (2012-2015) before he joined the School of Science and Engineering in the Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen. He serves as Associate Director of State Joint Engineering Laboratory on Robotics and Intelligent Manufacturing.
Dr. Qian has published 2 monographs, 1 edited book, and over 100 papers in international journal and conferences, and awarded 6 patents. He is currently PI of an NSFC Key project, has completed 2 projects funded by Hong Kong SAR Governments as PI, and completed 10 projects in Hong Kong SAR and Mainland China as a key member. He has received the Best Transaction Paper Award from IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics in 2011 with his colleagues, based on the research of steering interface for omni-directional vehicles. With his postgraduate/undergraduate students, he has received a number awards recently, including IROS2020 Best Application Paper Finalist, ROBIO2019 Best Paper Finalist, RCAR2019 Best Paper Finalist, WCICA2018 Best Student Paper Finalist. He has served as Deputy Editor-in-Chief in Special Issue on Intelligent Robots, Frontiers of Information Technology & Electronic Engineering, and is now an Associate Editor in IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA) and an Area Chair in Robotics: Science and Systems (RSS).
His research interests include robotics and intelligent systems, especially marine robotics, nano/micro robotics, intelligent art systems, etc.
1. Qinbo Sun, Weimin Qi, Hengli Liu, Zhenglong Sun, Tin Lun Lam, and Huihuan Qian*, “OceanVoy: a hybrid energy planning system for autonomous sailboat”, 2020 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS2020), November, 2020. (Best Application Paper Finalist)
2. Kaiwen Xue, Chongfeng Liu, Hengli Liu, Ruoyu Xu, Zhenglong Sun, Tin Lun Lam, Huihuan Qian*, “A two-stage automatic latching system for the USVs charging in disturbed berth”, 2020 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS2020), November, 2020.
3. Ruoyu Xu, Hengli Liu, Chongfeng Liu, Zhenglong Sun, Tin Lun Lam, and Huihuan Qian*, “A novel solar tracker driven by waves: from idea to implementation”, 2020 International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA2020), June, 2020.
4. Xiao Yu, Ning Ding, Aidong Zhang, and Huihuan Qian, “Cooperative moving-target enclosing of networked vehicles with constant linear velocities”, IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 798-809, February, 2020.
5. Ziyuan Cheng, Weimin Qi, Qinbo Sun, Hengli Liu, Zhenglong Sun, Tin Lun Lam and Huihuan Qian*, “Obstacle avoidance for autonomous sailboats via reinforcement learning with coarse-to-fine strategy”, 2019 16th IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics (ROBIO 2019), pp. 59-64, December, 2019. (Best Paper Finalist)
6. Weimin Qi, Qinbo Sun, Hengli Liu, Zhenglong Sun, Tin Lun Lam, Huihuan Qian*, “Collision avoidance for autonomous sailboats based on RRS protocol”, 2019 5th International Conference on Real-time Computing and Robotics (RCAR 2019), August 4-9, 2019. (Best Paper Finalist)
7. Ziran Zhang, Yiwei Lyu, Fahad Raza, and Huihuan Qian*, “Design and control of a hybrid sailboat for enhanced tacking maneuver”, 13th World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation, pp. 377-382, July 4-8, 2018. （Best Student Paper Finalist）
8. Wing Kwong Chung, Huihuan Qian, Tin Lun Lam, and Yangsheng Xu, “Novel design of gaits on space station for dynamic disturbance minimization”, IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp.1392-1403, August, 2014.
9. Wenfu Xu, Deshan Meng, Yongquan Chen, Huihuan Qian*, and Yangsheng Xu, “Dynamics modeling and analysis of a flexible-base space robot for capturing large flexible spacecraft”, Multibody System Dynamics, August, 2013.
10. Huihuan Qian, Yongquan Chen, Yuandong Sun, Niansheng Liu, Ning Ding, Yangsheng Xu, Guoqing Xu, Yunjian Tang, and Jingyu Yan, “Vehicle safety enhancement system: sensing and communication”, International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, Volume 2013, 19 pages, 2013.
11. Huihuan Qian, Yongsheng Ou, Xinyu Wu, et al., “Support vector machine for behavior-based driver identification system”, Journal of Robotics, Vol. 2010, 2010.
12. Tin Lun Lam, Huihuan Qian, and Yangsheng Xu, “Omnidirectional steering interface and control for a four-wheel independent steering vehicle”, IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, Vol. 152, No. 3, pp. 329-338, June, 2010.
13. Yuandong Sun, Huihuan Qian, and Yangsheng Xu, “Robot learns Chinese calligraphy from demonstrations”, IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Chicago, USA, 2014.
14. Huihuan Qian, Guoqing Xu, Jingyu Yan, et al., “Energy management for four-wheel independent driving vehicle”, IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Taipei, Taiwan, October 18-22, 2010.
15. Huihuan Qian, Jingyu Yan, Yangsheng Xu, et al., “Torque distribution for energy efficiency enhancement in a 4WID electric vehicle”, IFAC Conference on Control Methodologies and Technology for Energy Efficiency, Vilamoura, Portugal, March 29 - 31, 2010.
16. Huihuan Qian, Tin Lun Lam, Weimin Li, et al., “System and design of an omni-directional vehicle”, Proceedings of the 2008 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics, pp.389-394, Bangkok, Thailand, February 21 - 26, 2009.
1. Yangsheng Xu, Huihuan Qian, and Xinyu Wu, Household Service Robotics (edited book), Elsevier and Zhejiang University Press, 2015.
2. Yangsheng Xu, Jingyu Yan, Huihuan Qian, and Tin Lun Lam, Hybrid Electric Vehicle: Design and Control, McGraw-Hill, 2013.
3. Huihuan Qian, Xinyu Wu, and Yangsheng Xu, Intelligent Surveillance Systems, Springer, 2011.