QIAN, Huihuan Alex
PhD (The Chinese University of Hong Kong)
BE (University of Science and Technology of China)
Dr. Qian received his B. Eng. (2004) in Automation from University of Science and Technology of China. Thereafter, he joined the Department of Automation and Computer-Aided Engineering at the Chinese University of Hong Kong as a Research Assistant (2004-2005), and received his Ph.D. (2010) in Automation and Computer-Aided Engineering. He worked in the Department of Mechanical and Automation Engineering at the same university as a Research Associate (2010-2012) after graduation, and as a Research Assistant Professor (2012-2015) before he joined the School of Science and Engineering in the Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen. He serves as Associate President of Shenzhen Institute of Artificial Intelligence and Robotics for Society (AIRS), and Associate Director of State Joint Engineering Laboratory on Robotics and Intelligent Manufacturing.
Dr. Qian has published 2 monographs, 1 edited book, and over 110 papers in international journal and conferences, and awarded over 20 patents. As PI, he has completed an NSFC Key project and 2 other projects funded by Hong Kong SAR Governments. He has also completed 10 projects in Hong Kong SAR and Mainland China as a key member. He has received the Best Transaction Paper Award from IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics in 2011 with his colleagues, based on the research of steering interface for omni-directional vehicles. With his postgraduate/undergraduate students, he has received a number awards recently, including IROS2020 Best Application Paper Finalist, ROBIO2019 Best Paper Finalist, RCAR2019 Best Paper Finalist, WCICA2018 Best Student Paper Finalist. He has served as Deputy Editor-in-Chief in Special Issue on Intelligent Robots, Frontiers of Information Technology & Electronic Engineering, and is now an Associate Editor in IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA) and an Area Chair in Robotics: Science and Systems (RSS).
His research interests include robotics and intelligent systems, especially marine robotics, nano/micro robotics, intelligent art systems, etc.
International Journal Paper (Recent and Selected)
- Weimin Qi, Qinbo Sun, Xiaoqiang Ji, Yiwen Liang, Zhongzhong Cao, and Huihuan Qian*, “A Kelvin wake avoidance scheme for autonomous sailing robots based on orientation-restricted Dubins path", IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters (RA-L), 2021. (In press)
- Zonggao Mu, Yongquan Chen, Zheng Li, Huihuan Qian, and Ning Ding, “A spatial biarc method for inverse kinematics and configuration planning of concentric cable-driven manipulators”, IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics: Systems, 2021.
- Qinbo Sun, Weimin Qi, Xiaoqiang Ji, Huihuan Qian*, “V-stability based control for energy-saving towards long range sailing”, IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters (RA-L), February 5, 2021.
- Xiao Yu, Ning Ding, Aidong Zhang, and Huihuan Qian, “Cooperative moving-target enclosing of networked vehicles with constant linear velocities”, IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 798-809, February, 2020.
International Conference Paper (Recent and Selected)
- Ruoyu Xu, Xiaoqiang Ji, Hengli Liu and Huihuan Qian*, “A predictive control framework for stabilizing a manipulator-assisted UAV landing platform on a disturbed USV”, 2021 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS2021), 2021. (Accepted)
- Weimin Qi, Qinbo Sun, Xiaoqiang Ji and Huihuan Qian*, “A complete Collision avoidance scheme for OceanVoy with the sailboat safety zone”, 2021 International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA2021), May 30 – June 5, 2021.
- Lianxin Zhang, Zhang-Hua Fu, Hengli Liu, Qingquan Liu, Xiaoqiang Ji and Huihuan Qian*, “An efficient parallel self-assembly planning Algorithm for modular robots in environment with obstacles”, 2021 International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA2021), May 30 – June 5, 2021.
- Qinbo Sun, Weimin Qi, Hengli Liu, Zhenglong Sun, Tin Lun Lam, and Huihuan Qian*, “OceanVoy: a hybrid energy planning system for autonomous sailboat”, 2020 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS2020), November, 2020. (Best Application Paper Finalist)
- Kaiwen Xue, Chongfeng Liu, Hengli Liu, Ruoyu Xu, Zhenglong Sun, Tin Lun Lam, Huihuan Qian*, “A two-stage automatic latching system for the USVs charging in disturbed berth”, 2020 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS2020), November, 2020.
- Ruoyu Xu, Hengli Liu, Chongfeng Liu, Zhenglong Sun, Tin Lun Lam, and Huihuan Qian*, “A novel solar tracker driven by waves: from idea to implementation”, 2020 International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA2020), May 31 – August 31, 2020.
- Ziyuan Cheng, Weimin Qi, Qinbo Sun, Hengli Liu, Zhenglong Sun, Tin Lun Lam and Huihuan Qian*, “Obstacle avoidance for autonomous sailboats via reinforcement learning with coarse-to-fine strategy”, 2019 16th IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics (ROBIO 2019), pp. 59-64, December, 2019. (Best Paper Finalist)
- Weimin Qi, Qinbo Sun, Hengli Liu, Zhenglong Sun, Tin Lun Lam, Huihuan Qian*, “Collision avoidance for autonomous sailboats based on RRS protocol”, 2019 5th International Conference on Real-time Computing and Robotics (RCAR 2019), August 4-9, 2019. (Best Paper Finalist)
- Ziran Zhang, Yiwei Lyu, Fahad Raza, and Huihuan Qian*, “Design and control of a hybrid sailboat for enhanced tacking maneuver”, 13th World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation, pp. 377-382, July 4-8, 2018. （Best Student Paper Finalist）
- Yangsheng Xu, Huihuan Qian, and Xinyu Wu, Household Service Robotics (edited book), Elsevier and Zhejiang University Press, 2015.
- Yangsheng Xu, Jingyu Yan, Huihuan Qian, and Tin Lun Lam, Hybrid Electric Vehicle: Design and Control, McGraw-Hill, 2013.
- Huihuan Qian, Xinyu Wu, and Yangsheng Xu, Intelligent Surveillance Systems, Springer, 2011.