Zhang Qi received B.Eng. degree in Chemical Engineering from Sun Yat-sen University in 2007, then he went to the Institute of Polymerization and Polymer Engineering in Zhejiang University for graduate study, and obtained his Ph.D. degree in Chemical Engineering in 2012. After graduation, he first worked in GE Global Research Center (Shanghai) as a research scientist, then moved to McMaster University, working as a Postdoc in Prof. Shiping Zhu’s group. He joined Zhejiang University of Technology as an Associate Prof. in Nov. 2015. Since Mar. 2018, Qi has become an Assistant Prof. in School of Science and Engineering, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen. Dr. Qi Zhang’s research interests are in the areas of stimuli-responsive smart materials, polymerization reaction engineering, colloid and interfaces. He has published more than 30 papers (mostly on ACS Macro Letters, Macromolecules, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, Langmuir), received more than 600 citations, with an average impact factor higher than 5. He also has 1 authorized PCT and 2 Chinese patents.
1. Qi Zhang, Zhenwu Wang, Lei Lei, Jun Tang, Jianli Wang*, Shiping Zhu*. CO2-Switchable Membranes Prepared by Immobilization of CO2-Breathing Microgels. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2017, 9, 44146–44151.
2. Qi Zhang, Milin Fu, Chengjian Wang, Jianli Wang*, Shiping Zhu*. Preparation of Poly(ionic liquid) Nanoparticles through RAFT/MADIX Polymerization-Induced Self-Assembly. Polymer Chemistry, 2017, 8, 5469-5473.
3. Qi Zhang, Chengjian Wang, Milin Fu, Jianli Wang*, Shiping Zhu*. Pickering High Internal Phase Emulsions Stabilized by Worm-Like Polymeric Nanoaggregates. Polymer Chemistry, 2017, 8, 5474-5480.
4. Jun Tang, Qi Zhang*, Kecheng Hu, Peng Zhang, Jianli Wang*. Novel High TEMPO Loading Magneto-Polymeric Nanohybrids: An Efficient and Recyclable Pickering Interfacial Catalyst. Journal of Catalysis, 2017, 353, 192-198.
5. Qi Zhang, Lei Lei, Shiping Zhu*. Gas-Responsive Polymers, ACS Macro Letters 2017, 6, 515-522.
6. Qi Zhang, Shiping Zhu. Ionic Liquids: Versatile Media for Preparation of Vesicles from Polymerization-Induced Self-Assembly. ACS Macro Lett. 2015, 4, 755–758.
7. Qi Zhang, Shiping Zhu. Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide Dual Responsive Nanoaggregates of Fluoro- and Amino-Containing Copolymer. ACS Macro Lett. 2014, 3, 743–746.
8. Qi Zhang, Shiping Zhu. Oxygen-Nitrogen Switchable Copolymers of 2,2,2-trifluoroethyl methacrylate and N,N-dimethylaminoethyl methacrylate. Macromol. Rapid Commun. 2014, 35, 1692-1696