Dr. Qian received his B. Eng. (2004) in Automation from University of Science and Technology of China. Thereafter, he joined the Department of Automation and Computer-Aided Engineering at the Chinese University of Hong Kong as Research Assistant (2004-2005), and received his Ph.D. (2010) in Automation and Computer-Aided Engineering. He worked in the Department of Mechanical and Automation Engineering at the same university as a Research Associate (2010-2012) after graduation, and as a Research Assistant Professor (2012-2015) before he joined the School of Science and Engineering in the Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen.
Dr. Qian has published 2 monographs, 1 edited book, and over 50 papers in international journal and conferences, and awarded 6 patents. He is the PI of 2 projects funded by Hong Kong governments, and has been playing the key role for another 10 projects in Hong Kong and Mainland China. He has received the Best Transaction Paper Award from IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics in 2011 with his colleagues, based on the research of steering interface for omni-directional vehicles. His research interests include robotics, human-machine interaction, and energy.
1. Dan Xu, Rui Song, Xinyu Wu, Nannan Li, Wei Feng, and Huihuan Qian, “Video anomaly detection based on a hierarchical activity discovery within spatio-temporal contexts”, Neurocomputing, Vol. 143, pp. 144-152, June, 2014.
2. Wing Kwong Chung, Huihuan Qian, Tin Lun Lam, and Yangsheng Xu, “Novel design of gaits on space station for dynamic disturbance minimization”, IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp.1392-1403, August, 2014.
3. Wenfu Xu, Deshan Meng, Yongquan Chen, Huihuan Qian, and Yangsheng Xu, “Dynamics modeling and analysis of a flexible-base space robot for capturing large flexible spacecraft”, Multibody System Dynamics, August, 2013.
4. Huihuan Qian, Yongquan Chen, Yuandong Sun, Niansheng Liu, Ning Ding, Yangsheng Xu, Guoqing Xu, Yunjian Tang, and Jingyu Yan, “Vehicle safety enhancement system: sensing and communication”, International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, Volume 2013, 19 pages, 2013.
5. Huihuan Qian, Yongsheng Ou, Xinyu Wu, et al., “Support vector machine for behavior-based driver identification system”, Journal of Robotics, Vol. 2010, 2010.
6. Jingyu Yan, Guoqing Xu, Huihuan Qian, et al., “Robust state of charge estimation for hybrid electric vehicles: framework and algorithms”, Energies, Vol. 3, No. 10, pp. 1654-1672, September, 2010.
7. Tin Lun Lam, Huihuan Qian, and Yangsheng Xu, “Omnidirectional steering interface and control for a four-wheel independent steering vehicle”, IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, Vol. 152, No. 3, pp. 329-338, June, 2010.
8. Yuandong Sun, Huihuan Qian, and Yangsheng Xu, “Robot learns Chinese calligraphy from demonstrations”, IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Chicago, USA, 2014.
9. Yanbo Tao and Huihuan Qian and Yangsheng Xu, “Affection sensing in gait using intelligent shoe system”, IEEE International Conference on Information Science and Technology, pp.764-767, Shenzhen, China, April 26-28, 2014.
10. Huihuan Qian, Guoqing Xu, Jingyu Yan, et al., “Energy management for four-wheel independent driving vehicle”, IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Taipei, Taiwan, October 18-22, 2010.
11. Huihuan Qian, Jingyu Yan, Yangsheng Xu, et al., “Torque distribution for energy efficiency enhancement in a 4WID electric vehicle”, IFAC Conference on Control Methodologies and Technology for Energy Efficiency, Vilamoura, Portugal, March 29 - 31, 2010.
12. Huihuan Qian, Tin Lun Lam, Weimin Li, et al., “System and design of an omni-directional vehicle”, Proceedings of the 2008 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics, pp.389-394, Bangkok, Thailand, February 21 - 26, 2009.
1. Yangsheng Xu, Huihuan Qian, and Xinyu Wu, Household Service Robotics (edited book), Elsevier and Zhejiang University Press, 2015.
2. Yangsheng Xu, Jingyu Yan, Huihuan Qian, and Tin Lun Lam, Hybrid Electric Vehicle: Design and Control, McGraw-Hill, 2013.
3. Huihuan Qian, Xinyu Wu, and Yangsheng Xu, Intelligent Surveillance Systems, Springer, 2011.