Dr. Ji Dongxu graduated from Harbin Engineering in 2013 with B.Eng. in nuclear engineering. In 2018, he obtained his PhD degree in Nanyang Technological University (NTU). His PhD work is supported by Rolls Royce @NTU Corporate Lab, and he worked with Rolls Royce on supercritical water cooled reactor (SCWR) and thermoelectric generator for waste heat recovery. Start from 2018, he was employed as Research Fellow in the Energy Research Innovation at NTU (ERI@N), working on energy harvesting and storage. In 2019, he joined CUHKSZ as a lecturer.
His research interests include: new energy science and engineering, energy management, energy economics, thermal analysis and design, machine learning and thermoelectric generator.
1. Ji Dongxu, Wei Zhongbao, Josep Pou, Stefano Mazzoni, Srithar Rajoo, Alessandro Romagnoli, “Geometry optimization of thermoelectric modules: Simulation and experimental study”, Energy Conversion and Management，2019,195:236-243
2. Ji Dongxu, Wei Zhongbao, Marco Mengarelli, Alessandro Romagnoli, “Thermoelectric Generation for Waste Heat Recovery: Application of a System level Design Optimization approach via the Taguchi method", Energy Conversion and Management, 2018, 172:507-516
3. Ji Dongxu, Wei Zhongbao, King Jet Tseng, Alessandro Romagnoli. “A simulation study on thermoelectric generator for waste heat recovery from a marine engine” Journal of Electronic Materials, 2016, 46:2908-2914,
4. Ji Dongxu, S Mazzoni, ,S Rajoo, A Romagnoli, “Simulation and experimental study on geometry optimization of thermoelectric modules”, The 13th Conference on Sustainable Development of Energy, Water and Environment Systems, Palermo, Italy, 2018
5. Ji Dongxu, J Pou, RJ Roshan, A Romagnoli, “Influence of Boundary Condition Assumption on Thermoelectric Generator Geometry Design” Asian Conference on Energy, Power and Transportation Electrification”, Singapore 2017
6. Ji Dongxu, A Romagnoli. “Modelling and design of thermoelectric generator for waste heat recovery”, Proceedings of the Fluid Engineering Division Summer Meeting, ASME, Washington DC, USA 2016
7. Ji Dongxu, A Romagnoli, KJ Tseng, “Numerical modelling of thermoelectric generator for waste heat recovery from exhaust gas”, 2016 International Conference on Thermoelectrics, 2016
8. Rahman MM, Ji Dongxu, Beni, M. S., Hei, H. C., He, W., Zhao Jiyun (2016). Supercritical water heat transfer for nuclear reactor applications: A review. Annals of Nuclear Energy, 2016, 97: 53-65
9. Wei Zhongbao, Xiong Binyu, Ji Dongxu, Tseng King Jet. “A multi-timescale estimator for battery state of charge and capacity dual estimation based on an online identified model.” Applied Energy, 2016, 204:1264-1274
10. Wei Zhongbao, Shujuan Meng, Binyu Xiong, Ji Dongxu, KJ Tseng. “Enhanced online model identification and state of charge estimation for lithium-ion battery with a FBCRLS based observer”, Applied Energy, 2016, 181:332-341
11. Wei Zhongbao, Xiong Binyu, Ji Dongxu, Tseng King Jet. Online State of Charge and Capacity Dual Estimation with a Multi-timescale Estimator for Lithium-ion Battery. Energy Procedia, 2017,105: 2953-2958