PhD in Physics（Columbia University, USA）
B.S. in Physics（Beijing University）
Prof. Bo-Wen Xiao received his Bachelor's degree from Beijing University in 2003, and his PhD at Columbia University in 2008. He then worked as a postdoc at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory from 2008 to 2010 and at the Pennsylvania State University from 2010 to 2012. In 2012, he started as a professor at Central China Normal University and served for 8 years. During 2017-2018, He was also a short-term visiting research scientist at the Ecole Polytechnique in France. Since September 2020, he has been appointed as an associate professor at CUHK(SZ).
Among many subjects in theoretical physics, Dr. Xiao studied the quantum chromodynamics (QCD) at extremely high densities, small-x physics, in particular the phenomenology related the future Electron-Ion Collider (EIC). He is also interested in the jet physics in heavy ion collisions and the application of AdS/CFT correspondence as well as the analytical approach to the relativistic hydrodynamics equations.
A Few Selected Publications：
1. C. Zhang, C. Marquet, G. Y. Qin, S. Y. Wei and Bo-Wen Xiao, “Elliptic Flow of Heavy Quarkonia in pA Collisions,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 122, no. 17, 172302 (2019).
2. S. Klein, A. H. Mueller, Bo-Wen Xiao and F. Yuan, “Acoplanarity of a Lepton Pair to Probe the Electromagnetic Property of Quark Matter,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 122, 132301 (2019).
3. Y. Hatta, Bo-Wen Xiao and F. Yuan, “Probing the Small-x Gluon Tomography in Correlated Hard Diffractive Dijet Production in DIS,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 116, 202301 (2016).
4. A. Stasto, Bo-Wen Xiao and D. Zaslavsky, “Towards the Test of Saturation Physics Beyond Leading Logarithm”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 112, 012302 (2014).
5．A. H. Mueller, Bo-Wen Xiao and F. Yuan, “Sudakov Resummation in Small-x Saturation Formal- ism”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 110, 082301 (2013).
6. G. A. Chirilli, Bo-Wen Xiao and F. Yuan, “One-loop Factorization for Inclusive Hadron Production in pA Collisions in the Saturation Formalism”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 108, 122301 (2012).
7. Z. B. Kang, Bo-Wen Xiao and F. Yuan, “QCD Resummation for Single Spin Asymmetries”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 107 (2011) 152002.
8. F. Dominguez, C. Marquet, Bo-Wen Xiao and F. Yuan, “Universality of Unintegrated Gluon Distributions at small x”, Phys. Rev. D 83, 105005 (2011).
9. F. Dominguez, Bo-Wen Xiao and F. Yuan, “kt-factorization for Hard Processes in Nuclei”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 106, 022301 (2011).
10. Bo-Wen Xiao and F. Yuan, “Non-Universality of Transverse Momentum Dependent Parton Distri- butions at Small-x”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 105, 062001 (2010).
11.Bo-Wen Xiao, On the exact solution of the accelerating string in AdS5 space, Phys. Lett. B 665, 173 (2008).
A current list of publications can be found here：http://inspirehep.net/author/profile/Bo.Wen.Xiao.1