Presidential Chair Professor
PhD (Northwestern University, USA)
Master (Northwestern University, USA)
Bachelor (Southeast University, China)
Jianwei Huang is a Presidential Chair Professor and Associate Vice President (Institutional Development) of The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen. He is also the Associate Director of the Shenzhen Institute of Artificial Intelligence and Robotics for Society. He has been an IEEE Fellow, a Distinguished Lecturer of IEEE Communications Society, and a Web of Science Highly Cited Researcher in Computer Science. He received the PhD degree from Northwestern University (USA) in 2005, worked as a Postdoc Research Associate at Princeton University (USA) during 2005-2007, and worked as Assistant/Associate/Full Professor at the Department of Information Engineering at the Chinese University of Hong Kong during 2007-2018.
Dr. Huang’s research interests lie in the nexus of network optimization, network economics and crowd intelligence, and he has published 320+ papers in leading international journals and conferences, with a total Google Scholar citations of 15000+. He is the co-author of 11 Best Paper Awards, including the IEEE Marconi Prize Paper Award in Wireless Communications in 2011. He has co-authored seven books, including the textbook of "Wireless Network Pricing". He received the Chinese University of Hong Kong Young Researcher Award in 2014 and IEEE Communications Society Asia-Pacific Outstanding Young Researcher Award in 2009.
Dr. Huang is the Editor-in-Chief of IEEE Transactions on Network Science and Engineering (JCR Q1). He has served as an Associate Editor-in-Chief of IEEE Open Journal of the Communications Society, Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications - Cognitive Radio Series, and IEEE Transactions on Cognitive Communications and Networking. He has served as the Chair of IEEE Communications Society Cognitive Network Technical Committee and Multimedia Communications Technical Committee. He is the recipient of IEEE Communications Society Multimedia Communications Technical Committee Distinguished Service Award in 2015 and IEEE GLOBECOM Outstanding Service Award in 2010.
1. Yuan Wu, Liping Qian, Jianwei Huang, and Xuemin Shen, Radio Resource Management for Mobile Traffic Offloading in Heterogeneous Cellular Networks, Springer, 2017
2. Yuan Luo, Lin Gao, and Jianwei Huang, Economics of Database-Assisted Spectrum Sharing, Springer, July 2016
3. Xu Chen and Jianwei Huang, Social Cognitive Radio Networks, Springer, January 2015
4. Lingjie Duan, Jianwei Huang, and Biying Shou, Cognitive Mobile Virtual Network Operator Games, Springer, October 2013
5. Ying-Jun Zhang, Liping Qian, and Jianwei Huang, Monotonic Optimization in Communication and Networking Systems, Foundation and Trends in Networking, Now Publisher, October 2013
6. Jianwei Huang and Lin Gao, Wireless Network Pricing, Synthesis Lectures on Communication Networks, Morgan & Claypool, July 2013
Representative Journal Papers
1. G. Liao, X. Chen, and J. Huang, "Privacy-Aware Online Social Networking with Targeted Advertisement," IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 1312 - 1327, June 2022
2. D. Zhao, H. Wang, J. Huang, and X. Lin, "Time-of-use Pricing for Energy Storage Investment," IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 1312 - 1327, June 2022
3. C. Huang, H. Yu, R. Berry, and J. Huang, "Using Truth Detection to Incentivize Workers in Mobile Crowdsourcing," IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 2257 - 2270, June 2022
4. B. Luo, X. Li, S. Wang, J. Huang, and L. Tassiulas, "Cost-Effective Federated Learning in Mobile Edge Networks," IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 39, no. 12, pp. 3606 - 3621, December2021
5. Q. Ma, J. Huang, T. Basar, J. Liu, and X. Chen, "Reputation and Pricing Dynamics in Online Markets," IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 1745-1759, August 2021
6. N. Ding, Z. Fang, L. Duan, and J. Huang, "Optimal Incentive and Load Design for Distributed Coded Machine Learning," IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 39, no. 7, pp. 2090 - 2104, July 2021
7. M. Zhang, A. Arafa, J. Huang, and V. Poor, "Pricing Fresh Data," IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 39, no. 5, pp. 1211 - 1225, May 2021
8. N. Ding, Z. Fang, and J. Huang, "Optimal Contract Design for Efficient Federated Learning with Multi-Dimensional Private Information," IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 186 - 200, January 2021
9. G. Liao, X. Chen, and J. Huang, "Social-Aware Privacy-Preserving Mechanism for Correlated Data," IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 1671 - 1683, August 2020
10. Q. Shao, M. Cheung, and J. Huang, "Multimedia Crowdsourcing with Bounded Rationality: A Cognitive Hierarchy Prospective," IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol.37, no. 7,pp. 1478 - 1488, July 2019