Ph.D. (The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology)
B.Sc. (Nanjing University)
Junting Chen received the B.Sc. degree in Electronic Engineering from Nanjing University, Nanjing, China, in 2009, and the Ph.D. degree in Electronic and Computer Engineering from The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST), Hong Kong, SAR, China, in 2015. He is currently an assistant professor with the School of Science and Engineering (SSE) and the Future Network of Intelligence Institute (FNii) at The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen (CUHK-Shenzhen), China. Prior to joining CUHK-Shenzhen in 2019, he held various research positions worldwide, including Post-Doctoral Research Associate at University of Southern California (USC), Los Angeles, CA, USA, Postdoc Research Fellow at EURECOM, Sophia-Antipolis, France, and visiting researcher at MIT, Cambridge, MA, USA. He was a recipient of the HKTIIT Post-graduate Excellence Scholarship in 2012 from HKUST.
Prof. Chen’s research focuses on signal processing, machine learning, and optimization for radio map sensing and reconstruction with applications to wireless communications and localization. He is interested in enhancing the sensing capability for future communication networks, using emerging platforms such as unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) and Internet-of-Things (IoT) networks.
Selected Journal Papers:
- J. Chen and D. Gesbert, "Local map-assisted positioning for flying wireless relays", under review, 2018. [Preprint]
- J. Chen, U. Mitra, "Unimodality-Constrained Matrix Factorization forNon-Parametric Source Localization," under review, 2018. [Preprint]
- J. Chen, H. Yin, L. Cottatellucci, D. Gesbert, "Dual-regularized Feedback and Precoding for D2D Assisted MIMO Systems," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 16, no. 10, pp. 6854–6867, 2017. [Preprint] [Code]
- J. Chen, H. Yin, L. Cottatellucci, D. Gesbert, "Feedback Mechanisms for FDD Massive MIMO with D2D-Based Limited CSI Sharing," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vo. 16, no. 8, pp. 5162–5175, 2017. [Preprint] [Code]
- J. Chen, W. Dai, Y. Shen, V. K. N. Lau, and M. Z. Win, "Resource Management Games for Distributed Network Localization," IEEE J. Sel. Areas Commun., vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 317–329, Feb. 2017. [Code]
- J. Chen, W. Dai, Y. Shen, V. K. N. Lau, and M. Z. Win, "Power management for cooperative localization: A game theoretical approach," IEEE Trans. Signal Process., vol. 64, no. 24, pp. 6517–6532, Dec. 2016.
- J. Chen and V. K. N. Lau, "Convergence analysis of mixed timescale cross-layer stochastic optimization (Full Version)," 2013. [Preprint]
- J. Chen and V. K. Lau, "Two-tier precoding for FDD multi-cell massive MIMO time-varying interference networks," IEEE J. Sel. Areas Commun., vol. 32, no. 6, pp. 1230–1238, Jun. 2014.
- J. Chen and V.K.Lau, "Large deviation delay analysis of queue-aware multi-user MIMO systems with two-timescale mobile-driven feedback," IEEE Trans. Signal Process., vol. 61, no. 16, pp. 4067–4076, May 2013.
Selected Conference Papers:
- J. Chen and U. Mitra, "Data clustering using matrix factorization techniques for wireless propagation map reconstruction", in Proc. IEEE Statistical Signal Process. Workshop, Freiburg, Germany, Jun 10–-13, 2018. [Preprint] [Poster]
- J. Chen and U. Mitra, "A tensor decomposition technique for source localization from multimodal data", in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Process., Calgary, Alberta, Canada, Apr. 15–20, 2018, to appear. [Preprint]
- J. Chen, O. Esrafilian, D. Gesbert, and U. Mitra, "Efficient algorithms for air-to-ground channel reconstruction in UAV-aided communications," in Proc. IEEE Global Telecomm. Conf., Dec. 2017, Wi-UAV workshop. [Preprint]
- J. Chen and V. K. N. Lau, "Convergence analysis of mixed timescale cross-layer stochastic optimization," in Proc. Asilomar Conf. on Signals, Systems, and Computers, Pacific Grove, CA, Nov. 2013, pp.225–229.
- J. Chen and J. She, "An analysis of verifications in microblogging social networks – Sina Weibo," in Proc. Int. Conf. Distrib. Comput. Syst. Workshop (ICDCSW), Macau, Jun. 2012, pp. 147–154. [code]