Ph.D. (Hong Kong University of Science and Technology)
B.Sc. (Nanjing University)
Junting Chen is an assistant professor with the School of Science and Engineering at Chinese University of Hong Kong (Shenzhen), Shenzhen, China, since 2019. Prior to that, he was a postdoctoral research associate in Prof. Urbashi Mitra's group at University of Southern California (USC), Los Angeles, USA, from 2016 to 2018. From 2015 to 2016, Dr. Chen worked with Prof. David Gesbert as a postdoctoral research fellow in EURECOM, Sophia-Antipolis, France. He was an active contributor in several NFS projects, European Research Council (ERC) projects (SHARING and PERFUM) and industrial projects collaborating with Huawei Technologies in Paris, France. His research includes theories and solutions that range from 5G terrestrial communications to underwater communication networks.
Selected Journal Papers:
- J. Chen and D. Gesbert, ”Local map-assisted positioning for flying wireless relays”, under review, 2018. [Preprint]
- J. Chen, U. Mitra, “Unimodality-Constrained Matrix Factorization forNon-Parametric Source Localization,” under review, 2018. [Preprint]
- J. Chen, H. Yin, L. Cottatellucci, D. Gesbert, “Dual-regularized Feedback and Precoding for D2D Assisted MIMO Systems,” IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 16, no. 10, pp. 6854–6867, 2017. [Preprint] [Code]
- J. Chen, H. Yin, L. Cottatellucci, D. Gesbert, “Feedback Mechanisms for FDD Massive MIMO with D2D-Based Limited CSI Sharing,” IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vo. 16, no. 8, pp. 5162–5175, 2017. [Preprint] [Code]
- J. Chen, W. Dai, Y. Shen, V. K. N. Lau, and M. Z. Win, “Resource Management Games for Distributed Network Localization,” IEEE J. Sel. Areas Commun., vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 317–329, Feb. 2017. [Code]
- J. Chen, W. Dai, Y. Shen, V. K. N. Lau, and M. Z. Win, “Power management for cooperative localization: A game theoretical approach,” IEEE Trans. Signal Process., vol. 64, no. 24, pp. 6517–6532, Dec. 2016.
- J. Chen and V. K. N. Lau, ”Convergence analysis of mixed timescale cross-layer stochastic optimization (Full Version),” 2013. [Preprint]
- J. Chen and V. K. Lau, ”Two-tier precoding for FDD multi-cell massive MIMO time-varying interfer- ence networks,” IEEE J. Sel. Areas Commun., vol. 32, no. 6, pp. 1230–1238, Jun. 2014.
- J. Chen and V.K.Lau ,”Large deviation delay analysis of queue-aware multi-user MIMO systems with two-timescale mobile-driven feedback,” IEEE Trans. Signal Process., vol. 61, no. 16, pp. 4067–4076, May 2013.
Selected Conference Papers:
- J. Chen and U. Mitra, “Data clustering using matrix factorization techniques for wireless propagatio nmap reconstruction”, in Proc. IEEE Statistical Signal Process. Workshop, Freiburg, Germany, Jun 10–-13, 2018. [Preprint] [Poster]
- J. Chen and U. Mitra, ”A tensor decomposition technique for source localization from multimodal data”, in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Process.,, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, Apr. 15–20, 2018, to appear. [Preprint]
- J. Chen, O. Esrafilian, D. Gesbert, and U. Mitra, “Efficient algorithms for air-to-ground channel reconstruction in UAV-aided communications,” in Proc. IEEE Global Telecomm. Conf., Dec. 2017, Wi-UAV workshop. [Preprint]
- J. Chen and V. K. N. Lau, ”Convergence analysis of mixed timescale cross-layer stochastic optimiza- tion,” in Proc. Asilomar Conf. on Signals, Systems, and Computers, Pacific Grove, CA, Nov. 2013, pp.225–229.
- J. Chen and J. She, ”An analysis of verifications in microblogging social networks – Sina Weibo,” in Proc. Int. Conf. Distrib. Comput. Syst. Workshop (ICDCSW), Macau, Jun. 2012, pp. 147–154. [code]