Dr. Wenye Li received the B.S. degree from Shandong University (1995-1999), the M.S. degree from Chinese Academy of Sciences (1999-2003), and the Ph.D degree from The Chinese University of Hong Kong (2003-2007), all in computer science. He carried out postdoc research in The Chinese University of Hong Kong and University of Alberta from 2007 to 2009. After that, he was with Macao Polytechnic Institute as a faculty member from 2009 to 2016. In Aug. 2016, he joined The Chinese University of Hong Kong (Shenzhen) and Shenzhen Research Institute of Big Data (SRIBD).
Dr. Li’s research focuses on machine learning and artificial intelligence, and has published over 30 first-authored papers. He obtained one best paper award and one best paper nomination in IEEE-ICAL conferences. As the principal investigator, he undertook and completed four projects of fundamental research granted by Macao government, with a total funding of over 1 million Hong Kong dollars. He has served as a program committee member for NIPS, IJCAI, AAAI and many other academic conferences.
1. Li W. (2015) Estimating Jaccard Index with Missing Observations: A Matrix Calibration Approach. Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems 28 (NIPS'2015).
2. Li W. (2015) Visualizing Network Communities with A Semi-Definite Programming Method. Information Sciences, vol. 321, pp. 1--13, 2015.
3. Li W. (2015) Highlighting Data Clusters by Graph Embedding. Neurocomputing, vol. 165, pp. 75--80, 2015.
4. Li W. (2013) Revealing Network Communities with a Nonlinear Programming Method. Information Sciences, vol. 229, pp. 18-28, 2013.
5. Li W. and Schuurmans D. (2011) Modular Community Detection in Networks. Proceedings of the 22nd International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI'2011).
6. Li W., Xu L. and Schuurmans D. (2010) Facility Locations Revisited: An Efficient Belief Propagation Approach. Proceedings of IEEE-ICAL'2010.
7. Xu L., Li W. and Schuurmans D. (2009) Fast Normalized Cut with Linear Constraints. IEEE Computer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR'2009).
8. Li W., Lee K.H. and Leung K.S. (2007) Large-scale RLSC Learning Without Agony. Proceedings of the 24th International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML'2007).
9. Li W., Leung K.S. and Lee K.H. (2007) Generalizing the Bias Term of Support Vector Machines. Proceedings of the 20th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI'2007).
10. Li W., Lee K.H. and Leung K.S. (2006) Generalized Regularized Least-Squares Learning with Predefined Features in a Hilbert Space. Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems 19 (NIPS'2006).